Showing posts with label crime. Show all posts
Showing posts with label crime. Show all posts

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Saudi To Unveil 'Evidence' Linking Iran To Attacks As US Weighs Response

Saudi To Unveil 'Evidence' Linking Iran To Attacks As US Weighs Response

Saudi Arabia said it will unveil evidence on Wednesday linking regional foe Iran to attacks on key oil installations, as US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo heads to the kingdom to discuss possible retaliation.
Saudi To Unveil 'Evidence' Linking Iran To Attacks As US Weighs Response

Riyadh, which is bogged down in a five-year war against Tehran-aligned rebels in neighbouring Yemen, has said that the weapons used in the strikes were Iranian-made, but has so far not directly blamed its arch rival.

However, the Saudi defence ministry said its spokesman would present evidence from the site of the weekend attacks that halved Saudi oil production, sending global energy markets into a tailspin.
He "will announce the final results of the investigation and present material evidence and Iranian weapons proving the Iranian regime's involvement in the terrorist attack," the ministry said.
Also Read: Russians Protest Over Crackdown In Growing Solidarity Campaign
Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the de facto ruler, on Wednesday said the attack on the heart of the kingdom's oil industry was a "real test" of global will, while urging the international community to take a "firm stance", state media reported.
Saudi To Unveil 'Evidence' Linking Iran To Attacks As US Weighs Response
Late Tuesday, Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman said international investigators, including from the UN, were joining the probe, having announced that output would return to normal by the end of the month.

The kingdom wants "proof based on professionalism and internationally recognised standards," he said.
The Saudis will present the evidence ahead of Pompeo's arrival.
The US chief diplomat is set to meet with Prince Mohammed to discuss how to respond to the strikes, which the US says originated in Iran.

"As the president said, we don't want war with anybody, but the United States is prepared," Vice President Mike Pence said in a speech in Washington on Tuesday.

A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told AFP that the administration has concluded that the attack involved cruise missiles from Iran and that evidence would be presented at the UN General Assembly next week.

- Prefer not to meet -

The apparent hardening of the US position came as Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei ruled out negotiations with Washington "at any level".
This appeared to nix remaining hopes for a dramatic meeting between President Donald Trump and his Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani at the United Nations next week.
Also Read: Nigerian Who Died In UK Detention Centre Was Denied Medical Attention Says Brother
Speaking to reporters on Air Force One over California, Trump said he too had cooled on what had always seemed to be a diplomatic longshot.

"I never rule anything out, but I prefer not meeting him," Trump said.

Yemen's Huthi rebels claimed responsibility for Saturday's oil installation attacks, which took out six percent of global supplies.
But a senior US administration official cast doubt on that claim, saying that while the Huthis said they used 10 drones, one Saudi oil facility was hit "at least 17 times," and another twice by "precision-guided munitions."

Additionally, neither the type of drone "nor the cruise missiles employed in the attack can reach the facilities from Yemen. It's not possible," the official said.

Observers say the torrid experience in Yemen, where despite their vast firepower, the Saudis have failed to subdue the ragtag but highly motivated militia, has made Riyadh circumspect about wading into another conflict.

"I certainly hope we're not (going to have another war)," Riyadh's ambassador to London Prince Khalid bin Bandar told the BBC in an interview.

"Almost certainly it's Iranian-backed, but we are trying not to react too quickly because the last thing we need is more conflict in the region," he said.

Iran has stuck with its account that the Huthi rebels are responsible, with Rouhani saying Wednesday that they carried out the strike as a "warning" about a possible wider war in response to the Saudi-led intervention in Yemen.

State media said Tehran had written to Washington through the Swiss embassy on Monday denying any role in attacks on Saudi oil installations and warning it would respond to any action.

The message "emphasised that if any actions are taken against Iran, that action will face an immediate response from Iran and its scope will not be limited to just a threat," the official IRNA news agency said.
AFP
Also Read: Second Batch Of 319 Nigerians Depart South Africa
[PHOTOS] Three Man Syndicate Arrested For Impersonating EFCC, ICPC Officials (Photos)

[PHOTOS] Three Man Syndicate Arrested For Impersonating EFCC, ICPC Officials (Photos)


Operatives of the Uyo Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, have arrested three men in Uyo the Akwa Ibom State Capital, for allegedly impersonating operatives of both the Economic and financial Crimes Commission, EFCC and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC. The arrested suspects are Norbert Rampa, 51; Patrick Essien, 50; and Gabriel Daniel, 32.

Three Man Syndicate Arrested For Impersonating EFCC, ICPC Officials (Photos)
Rampa, Essien and Daniel, along with other members of their team had paid a courtesy visit to the Commissions office in Uyo, on September 19, 2018, under the Grassroot Development Advocacy Initiative (GDAI) which they claim was a registered organisation, under the auspices of National Anti-corruption Coalition (NACC).
Three Man Syndicate Arrested For Impersonating EFCC, ICPC Officials (Photos)

During that visit, their National Director, Essien, spoke extensively on the several trainings that their members had gone through to ensure grassroot engagements in budget processes, aimed at sustaining the fight against corruption. Rampa who introduced himself as the Director of programmes emphasised on their 'robust' collaboration with the ICPC, with an unsettling request that they be granted operational powers, to which the zonal head refused and advised them to report all perceived corrupt practices to the Commission.

But the team paid no heed to that advice as some of its top ranking members embarked on various levels of forgery and impersonation to facilitate their criminal activities which must have been going on for years under the guise of 'Grassroot Initiative'.
Three Man Syndicate Arrested For Impersonating EFCC, ICPC Officials (Photos)

The modus operandi of this criminal extortion is purely hinged on intimidation of innocent persons and extortion of same under the pretext that they were in an operational joint tax force of both the EFCC and the ICPC. But they ran out of luck when they picked on one Aloysius Udobong, an elderly retiree for their game of intimidation and extortion.

When they initiated their move to intimidate and extort Udobong but could not, they decided to send in a fictitious petition against him to the EFCC, with well concocted claims that he was a corrupt retired public servant.

When Udobong was invited for questioning, he volunteered his statement against the 'Grassroot' trio, with documented evidence of their forgeries and false claims which instantly turned the table against them as they automatically became the suspects.

Three Man Syndicate Arrested For Impersonating EFCC, ICPC Officials (Photos)
According to Udobong, sometime in 2018, the syndicate issued him a letter of investigation purportedly emanating from the EFCC and attempted to extort him, but when they discovered that he wasn't willing to comply with their financial demands, they left. But returned again to his residence in 2019 with more letters this time, showing details of all his assets and properties, threatening to prosecute him unless he "settled" them.

After his statement had been taken, Mr. Udobong also presented some of the various invitation/investigation letters which he claimed were personally delivered to him by Rampa. On seeing the forged letters, operatives of the Commission decided to carry out a search of their various apartments. The outcome of that search completely established the fact that Rampa, Essien and Daniel, had been impersonating the EFCC and ICPC in the state and beyond.

Some of the forged documents recovered from their apartments include: forged EFCC letter-headed papers; ICPC operational jackets; forged Identity cards of National Anti-corruption Coalition of ICPC/EFCC Partnership; various forged letters to individuals and organisations purportedly coming from EFCC and ICPC; forged investigation letters to First Bank of Nigeria; handwritten drafts of fake petitions against individuals; forged investigation letters from the suspects to the complainant Mr. Udobong and a Desktop computer.
Three Man Syndicate Arrested For Impersonating EFCC, ICPC Officials (Photos)

Other forged items recovered include a fake letter headed paper clearly written: 'a national anti-corruption coalition (NACC) of ICPC/EFCC partnership, that captured Rampa as 'Head, Intelligence Investigator/Operations', a forged EFCC letter headed paper with the Commission's logo on the left hand side and the coat of arms on the right hand side and forged identity cards.

The trio were arrested on Friday, September 13, 2019, by operatives of the Commission in Uyo and are currently providing useful information. They will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.

LIB

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Man Kills Wife For Refusing To Breastfeed Baby Man Kills Wife For Refusing To Breastfeed Baby

Man Kills Wife For Refusing To Breastfeed Baby Man Kills Wife For Refusing To Breastfeed Baby

Man Kills Wife For Refusing To Breastfeed Baby Man Kills Wife For Refusing To Breastfeed Baby

The Ogun State Police Command has arrested a man identified as Kingsley Madukwe for allegedly beating his wife, Glory Madukwe, to death.

The 40-year-oldKingsley allegedly slapped his 40-year-old wife, a mother of eight, who had a month-old baby over her alleged refusal to breastfeed the crying baby.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi, stated this in a statement on Friday.

The suspect, a motorcycle rider was said to have been enraged when his late wife abandoned the crying baby.

He reportedly drew her back while she was leaving the bedroom for the leaving room and slapped her.

The slap, according to the PPRO, turned deadly as his wife who had complained of tiredness reportedly slumped and died on the spot.

Oyeyemi said the suspect was arrested on Wednesday following a report by one Chief Rafiu Gbadamosi, the Baale of Egando in Atan-Ota, that the couple had a minor misunderstanding as a result of which the husband beat the wife to death at about 11:30pm.

Oyeyemi said, “On the strength of the report, the DPO, Atan Ota Division, SP Salau Abiodun, led his detectives to the scene where the suspect was promptly arrested.

On interrogation, the suspect, an okada rider, who is an indigene of Ihiala in Anambra State, stated that his late wife, a mother of eight, was having a month-old baby and that the baby was crying which made him to wake his wife up to breastfeed the baby, but she refused claiming that she was too tired to breastfeed the baby at that time.

“He stated further that the victim got up and was going to the sitting room leaving the baby behind and this got him annoyed, consequent upon which he drew her back and gave her a hot slap.

“The woman there and then fell and gave up the ghost. The corpse of the victim has been deposited at the General Hospital Ota mortuary for postmortem.”

FreshReporters News understands that Mr. Bashir Makama, Commissioner of Police, had ordered the immediate transfer of the suspect to the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation and prosecution.
PUCNH

Friday, September 13, 2019

[Must Read] Bandits Displaced More Persons In Nigeria Than Boko Haram In First Half Of 2019 – Report Reveals

[Must Read] Bandits Displaced More Persons In Nigeria Than Boko Haram In First Half Of 2019 – Report Reveals

Nigeria Farmer-Herder Conflict Now Deadlier Than Boko Haram.

  Farmer-Herdmen Clash Has Displaced More Persons In Nigeria Than Boko Haram In First Half Of 2019
Farmer/herdmen Clash Has Displaced More Persons In Nigeria
Than Boko Haram In First Half Of 2019

In a report released on Thursday, September 12th The Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre had it that criminal violence in North-West Nigeria as well as farmer-herder clashes in the Middle Belt region, displaced more persons than Boko Haram insurgency did in the first half of 2019.  

According to the report recieved, 140,000 persons were forced to leave their homes between January and June.
Also Read: Two Medical Experts In Africa Receive Special Award For Fighting Ebola

The report explains that:

“criminal violence in North-West Nigeria and clashes between herders and farmers in the Middle Belt region forced more people to flee than the Boko Haram insurgency.”

Across the globe, 10.8million people were displaced by storms, flood and conflict while 3.8million of that figure was down to conflicts. 
Also Read: 19-Year-Old Girl To Receive 80 Strokes Of Cane For Smoking Marijuana - Kaduna Sharia

It was furthermore understood that climate change-powered natural disasters drove 7million people out of their homes.

“These figures are alarmingly high, particularly as we are only half way through the year.

They show that the causes of conflict and inequality are not being addressed, and that displacement is creating cyclical patterns of crisis and vulnerability,” Alexandra Bilak, IDMC’s director said in a statement.

How can these issue be stopped or minimized?. Your contribution is required!!!
Also Read: Nigerian Emerges 2nd Best In 2019 Commonwealth Essay Competition
Kaduna: 19-Year-Old Girl To Receive 80 Strokes Of Cane For Smoking Marijuana - Sharia

Kaduna: 19-Year-Old Girl To Receive 80 Strokes Of Cane For Smoking Marijuana - Sharia

HEADLINES
- 19-year-old girl caught smoking.
- Kaduna Sharia sentenced convict to 80 strokes of cane.
- Muslim council urged muslims to continue with good manners.


A 19-year-old girl who was identified as Zainab Abdullahi was caught smoking a forbidden substance, Marijuana and  has been sentenced by a Shari’a Court to recieve 80 strokes of cane for performing that act in the public.

 A 19-year-old girl who was identified as Zainab Abdullahi was caught smoking a forbidden substance, Marijuana and  has been sentenced by a Shari’a Court to recieve 80 strokes of cane for performing that act in the public.  The court which is located in Magajin Gari area of kaduna while delivering judgment on Thursday, September 12th, the Judge, Malam Muhammad Shehu-Adamu, sentenced Abdullahi after she pleaded guilty to the offence.  According to Shehu-Adamu held that the 80 strokes of cane is the punishment stipulated for people who engaged in taking intoxicants (Hadd) and cannot be reversed.  He encouraged the Muslim Council of Nigeria to continue with their good work and try to reform the convict in the possible way they can. Earlier, the prosecutor, Ibrahim Shuaibu, told the court that the police arrested Abdullahi on the road smoking marijuana.  Shuaibu told the court that the convict had been convicted was serving a jail term due to her inability to pay a fine of N7,000, until a religious organisation named Muslim Council of Nigeria paid the fine.     A member of the Muslim council, Abdulrahman Sadiq speaking commended the court for inculcating value and promoting peace in the society but at the same time still pleaded that the convict should lesser be punished.  what do you have to say about the act / judgement ?
19-Year-Old Girl To Receive 80 Strokes Of Cane For Smoking Marijuana - Kaduna
The court which is located in Magajin Gari area of kaduna while delivering judgment on Thursday, September 12th, the Judge, Malam Muhammad Shehu-Adamu, sentenced Abdullahi after she pleaded guilty to the offence.
Also see: [PHOTOS] Mother Pleads Guilty To Killing Her Four Children With Rat Poison
According to Shehu-Adamu revealed that the 80 strokes of cane is the punishment stipulated for people who engaged in taking intoxicants (Hadd) and cannot be reversed.


He encouraged the Muslim Council of Nigeria to continue with their good work and try to reform the convict in the possible way they can. Earlier, the prosecutor, Ibrahim Shuaibu, told the court that the police arrested Abdullahi on the road smoking marijuana.
Also Read: 21-Year-Old Ekiti University student convicted for cyber crime
Shuaibu told the court that the convict had been convicted was serving a jail term due to her inability to pay a fine of N7,000, until a religious organisation named Muslim Council of Nigeria paid the fine
[Must Read]: Bandits Displaced More Persons In Nigeria Than Boko Haram In First Half Of 2019 – Report Reveals

A member of the Muslim council, Abdulrahman Sadiq speaking commended the court for inculcating value and promoting peace in the society but at the same time still pleaded that the convict should lesser be punished.

what do you have to say about the act / judgement ?