Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Govt’s Bid To Mask Witnesses Against Me Baseless — Sowore

Following an application before the Federal High Court in Abuja by the prosecution led by Mr Aminu Alilu had on March 5, 2020 asking for permission to have its witnesses masked or shielded from the members of the public in the courtroom during proceedings.

Govt’s Bid To Mask Witnesses Against Me Baseless — Sowore

The prosecution also asked the court to direct that the real names and addresses of the prosecution witnesses should not be disclosed.

In reaction, Omoyele Sowore, the convener of #RevolutionNow protest, has urged the  Court to dismiss the Federal Government’s application seeking to have its prosecution witnesses’ faces shielded during proceedings.

He stated in his objection filed on Monday that the Federal Government’s application was needless.

In a counter-affidavit which he filed on Wednesday, Sowore, who noted that he obtained his co-defendant’s consent to depose to it, said there was nothing in the case warranting the shielding of the faces of the prosecution witnesses.

According to him, the witnesses had been attending court without any harassment.

Sowore also stated that the identities of the said witnesses listed as Rasheed Olawale, Marshal Dele Adelle, Moses Amadi, Paul Clement, Cyril Odwan and Usman Baffa were already in the public domain.


He stated;

That none of the listed witnesses has ever been threatened, harassed or molested by either me or any of my supporters at any time whatsoever.

That it is these same witnesses to wit: Rasheed Olawale (PSOI), comprising officers such as Marshal Dele Adelle, Moses Amadi, Paul Clement, Cyril Odwan, Usman Baffa whose identities are in the public domain that the complainant/applicant is seeking to shield from public domain.




Share This

1 comment:

Use either of the two comment systems below ''Blog comment" or "Facebook comment''